Monday, June 1, 2009

Thursday, May 28, 2009

To my sis, Evelyn.

Up at 0600 but decided to ck. the water pmp. Had to tear the bed apart to get to the pmp and Gail had it done in no time. Gone bonkers. Get to Bend and look for a new one. Hoofed out shortly after 0800hrs. Up and over Santiam Pass, 4872ft. Tough pull and Gail caught me at the top. It was warm so peeled down early. A fast down hill flow and on into Sisters, Ore. A short break and on into Bend. Wow! 96’. Got some red sun burn on the arms and legs. Gail bumped into a r.v. place and they had the pump and fuses. I got in and changed the pump and we were out of there. Lifted thru Bend and out a ways east on highway. 20. Found a side road and set up camp. Really weird because only one car passed by all nite. Some thunder bumpers and hail and rain for awhile and during the nite there was some rain but the morning was clear and warm. We are in the piss pines now and it sure does smell bad but oh, well. See Ya.
Sis Evelyn spent a lot of years in Eugene, Ore. She had a large family. She spent a number of years in the L.A. area and then moved back to N.C. Wa. Her life’s paths have been many but we always kept in touch and still do. I don’t think that she tracks this ride I am doing but her spirit and love is with me as I with her and her family. Love You Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment