Saturday, June 20, 2009

6-20 Hello Iowa, Finally.

This day is for our friends, Joe and Joanna, motorcycle friends.

The daily routine began at 0600. I was informed by my chase crew that I should put on a new, clean set of riding gear as the current one’s were starting to have the same odor as the surrounding environment??? Hay, just what are you trying to tell me??? Ok! Ok! Man, I even added some baby powder for extra kudos. Ha! Ha! But it does help your butt to hold onto the seat!! And did I ever need that! The first 15 miles out of Osmond was the roughest I have been over yet. I actually was converted and I have to fess up, folks, I turned into a hardcore cusser. I did justice to myself though cause at one point on the Blankety, blank, road I actually stopped and cussed up a storm at the poor, old, beat up piece of hwy. Dad burn, dirty rascal. I was really pouring it out and finally realized, heck, it wasn’t the roads fault so I apologized and as I clumped on down the un-fazed road, I couldn’t help but wonder, who the heck could I cuss out????? Oh, Well, suck it up and get to it or I’ll never get there.

I'm finally there, Sioux City, Iowa, wa, wa. I lifted to Wall Mart and as Gail picked up some more goodies I decided on the route we should take for the next phase of this state of travel. Lift north on interstate 75 to Le Mars and hope that the next course will be as enjoyable as the past???!!! We’ll see.

Joe and Joanna are good friends with Ray and Betts and they have been riding motorcycles together for several years. Joe and Joanna used to live in Lake Co. and Joe was partners in business with another fella from Upper Lake. We have all been on several cycle rides together and have had great times together. They ride a tryke and have had some rough times out on the road. Some time back, Joe was attacked by a moose outside of Coeur d’ Alene Ida. While on the bike. Was in ICU for some time but has had a good re-covery and is back riding. We just heard that at this time they were in Dodge City, Kan, with a breakdown and were waiting for parts. Hope all works out. There are always more stories but I will say that we really enjoy their company and look forward to more rides.


View Old Chief Bicycles across America in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. Well, between the Marines and Mare * ;-) * I'm sure you had a very impressive cussing-out going on there!!!

    ReplyDelete