Sunday, June 14, 2009

6-12 What a high!

A day to Anita Lopez, my sister-in-law.

Hi Beau, I want to say just how proud of you I am today because now you are a first grader. The next year will be even better than this year and you will be doing many more things and learning much more. Now for today. Again there was rain and some thunder last nite but as usual I slept thru it. Gail tells me these things in the morning and I just have to believe her. When I got up it was cloudy but the sun was trying to shine in some areas. I dressed in warm gear and was on the road @ 0700. The first six miles was a gradual up and it was about 40’. At 6mi. it dropped into 1-1 and stayed there for the next 20mi. There was about 8mi. of really rough road work so I lifted thru this part and then I puffed the last bit to the summit. Man! Half way to heaven! 9,658ft. It was a great site with snow all around and the sun was shining. We got movies, and pics. Had a warm snack and finally rolled on down, down, down (sounds like a song to me). There was some road work going on but nothing too bad. Finally got to the good shoulder area and moved on at a much faster clip, like 20-25. At Dubois I spotted an antler shop and had to stop and take a look. I have never seen antler work like Kurt Gordon creates. He has a “Bull Elk Named Sue” made entirely of antlers, a most unusual statue and really unique. Lyn Smith displays her pottery and photos here also. Check out, antlergallery.com. Caught up with Gail at the Big Horn sheep museum where they had an awesome display of bighorn sheep info and pics and goodies. On down the road. Gail chanced upon a very nice pullout along the Wind River. It is also on the Wind River Reservation. So for the nite, Skywalker, Skywalker, sure am proud of you and I love you and miss you, over and out.

Anita Landeros Lopez, my sister-in-law, is one neat lady. She spent many summers with us in her younger years and did a lot of baby sitting of our girls. Later she worked for me in the packing house sorting them pears. She married Jamie Lopez and lived in Omak, WA. for a time. They spent several years in Mexico with Jamie’s family. They moved back to Lake Co. and put up residence next to us and they have lived there since. Anita survived a tumor in the brain and it is a miracle that she got thru it without complications. She has a great family and looks out for my place when I go traveling. Her son, Little Jamie, is an outstanding athlete. I thank you Chich, for being there and keep the road warm.


View Old Chief Bicycles across America in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. It truly is a wonder that my Aunt Chich is here and healthy!! I'm SO glad. It really is a blessing that we can count on her and her family to keep an eye on the house while Dad travels. And has he ever put on the miles in the last three years! Anyway, I sure love my Auntie and look forward to seeing her this weekend.

    ReplyDelete