Monday, June 1, 2009

Friday, 5-29

0500, up but not fully awake, ha! Ha! Turned the trailer around so that Gail could just go. 0600, on the road and up Horse Summit. 5 mi. of good climb but each time you go over one hump there seems to be another and it us just a little higher than the one I just got over. Got to Milliken and had a good laugh. Gail wanted to stop at the post office and mail some cards. There was one old, broken down, deserted bldg. This was the 50 mi. spot so had a short nap and on to 60 mi. Thunder and lightening and I called in the cover squad. We holed up for a couple of hrs. then at 1500 hrs. I beat it on down for another 19 ½ mi. Found an old C.C.C.camp called the Gap Ranch. A cool place to stop over. I had some heavy sun burn on my arms and legs even though it had been cloudy most of the day. The U. V. rays got me. AAAAAHHHH!!!! The roads have been great. 4 ft. shoulders and smooth ‘till 35 mi. Traffic has been very good in that they move over and pass. Very cool. I looked out over the area that I had passed thru and felt good. The Sisters, all the mountains and peaks and valleys and I gave my thanks for letting me enjoy this and for letting me pass this way. Very cool to travel along and hear the guard rails warming up and popping and the birds singing. Saw one antelope trying to figure out just what I was. Kept coming towards me but finally decided that it was best to head off in another direction. My hands get very numb but my butt is doing good with the speedy seat. Thanks to Steve for that bit of info.
Sis, Maxine, has had a tough row to hoe. She has always been my kid sister and I have loved teasing her and singing to her. She looks very much like grandma Solomeen and I like to call her that. Makes her laugh. I believe that she has found a good path now. You deserve it Solomeen, oops, I mean Magazine, oops, I mean Max. ha, ha. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment