Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mon. 6-9 Yahoo! Yellowstone National Park

The nite at Ashton was a thunderous, rainey, hailing kind of nite, I guess. Gail told me that all of this took place through the nite but once I hit the hay, man I was out! Not only was my butox worn but I think my brain was also. I was up and gone @ 0700 and I'm glad I had my heavy duty gear on because it was @ 40'. The first 7mi. turned out to be up and out of the valley and I stopped several times as I did not have a chance to really get my legs in a circular groove. Up and down and at 20mi. I saw a very gorgeous river that turned out to be the Henry's Fork River. What a great looking place and there were a couple of fishermen sitting on their lounge chairs. I stayed here about an hour just talking with them and taking pics. Hated to leave but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Another 10mi. and a bowl of soup and off to West Yellowstone.

Another long pull and when I finally reached the top, lo and behold, the sign said, Welcome to Montana!???? Geez, did I go up the wrong hill? Is my old age catching up? Maybe the elevation is getting to me! Looked back and a sign said Welcome to Idaho,ho,ho. Continental Divide. 7,072 ft. I thought out loud, man I should be leaving Idaho,ho, ho. Maybe I should just flip a coin and oh,well, I came this far, might as well see what's down the udder side so had a sandwich and a short break and started down the udder side! Yahoo! Man I'm flying! This is fun! Before I knew it I saw that big KOA sign and had to kick in the jake brake to make the turn into the camp. Spotted the rig and when my mind cleared up I was sitting on a bench drinking a cool Bud.AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!??????????

We settled in and headed for the hot tub and had a grt. din din and now the fun begins. I called Sandra and tried to get some pics loaded but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!finally decided to e-mail them to her and she will load them. I will not give up, one day UUUUUUUUUUUUUrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!

We decided to spend tomorrow just driving around and seeing parts of the Stone and spend another nite before heading to the Tetons. Skywalker! Skywalker! hope someday you get to see this place cause it is very cool. love you and miss you, over and out.

Several years ago a friend called me and said, hay arnold, I know this indian fella that works at the school and he plays the same kind of music that you do and i think that you two should get together and play some tunes. We did and again another great friendship grew as now we have been down that musical lane ever since. Brother Louie loves the music and he started late in life but has picked it up and since he picked up the bass, he has really turned it up several notches. His wife, Diana, sings also and we really enjoy the gatherings. He drives the airporter bus out of Santa Rosa. I am looking forward to meeting with some of his family in Michigan. Keep singing brother.



View Old Chief Bicycles across America in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo -- I finally got this map thing figured out!!! I also got three photos from Dad and posted them in a few spots: "here we are" (in June), "end of first" (in May) and "For Tuesday" (in May). I got some additional info from Dad about their route and that will help me continue working on the map for the first few weeks of the trip. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks sandra for the map, it is cool and tks to my family for the support and love. dad.

    ReplyDelete