Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6-15.A Century Is How Far?

This Day is for Downhill Dave and his charming Wife, Ruth! Is that right Dave?

Wow! What is there to say??? I met a clear, cool morning and even after yesterday’s ride, my legs felt good and ready to churn! Give me the highway and let me go!!! Man, I am stomping at the pedals!!! My shoes are dancing, let’s go! I was kicking up the rocks along the bike lane and scootin on down that interstate 25 in the middle of Wy. Headed for Lusk, no not lust; although there may have been lust in my booties to cover some pavement but there is this spot in the road called Lusk?!!!Wy. Most of the traffic peeled off here and headed for the Black Hills. Cool, I had the road to myself at least until some rig zoomed by. I’ll have to say this, ifen I was a cussin and swearin dude, I would surely cuss and swear at them gutters along the road. Man! They are bruisers and Gail laughs and says, “hay honey, are they peanut butter yet?” But in spite of all the cryin I made the 101mi. mark today. I also made it into Nebraska. Gail had the movie camera on and was beating on the drum when I came to that milestone. Wow! A cool feeling. Downhill, you’ll appreciate this bit of info, 101 in 7:05. Bikers talk folks!

So tonight we are bedding down in the city park in Crawford, Neb. and doing another toast. Man, I enjoy these times and tks. to Downhill, more yummy bibes to toast the occasions. Here’s to Tommolo, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo. There are thunder bumpers booming around us and tonight there are supposed to be a lot more but I’m sure once I have had my shower and layed these weary bones to rest, Gail can tell me in the morning what took place tonight(sounds like a song to me). I can see miles and miles of not much folks but I will keep you in touch. Skywalker, Skywalker I sure enjoyed seeing your graduation pictures, they are cool. Love you Buddy and Sure do miss you. Over and Out!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra and Ruth DeFalco have been the best of friends for several years and they both work for the same company. Through this friendship I have had the honor and privilege of being friends with Ruth’s husband, Dave. He has been an inspiration for me when it comes to pushing these pedals be it on a mountain bike or a roady. He has eased my cramped up legs along the Pedal Around the Puddle and held back and made sure my old body got to the finish line. We have enjoyed many miles together and he is the guy that loaned me his Trek Touring Bike to use on this journey and at this time I must say that I am sure glad for that. They also gave us a treasure chest full of bibes to take along on this journey and we have been very selective when we decide to toast some special blessing. Dave loves sailing and Ruth and Sandra enjoy the wine touring outings. It is friends like these two that make the many great memories and we look forward to many more. Love you two much!


View Larger Map

3 comments:

  1. Hee hee -- I like how Dad says "several years"!! It feels like she's been a part of my life forever and it's FABULOUS! She and David are my family now and forever and I'm so fortunate that my parents love them too. We've had some great times - well, except maybe that first time David tried to pay a dinner bill with my Mother present (what a rookie)!!!!! Oh Lord - Ruth and I were clutching each other for dear life! Guess who won the wrestling match over the bill? Yup, my incredible, indomitable Mother. Glad you're part of the family, my lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi guys, it's me mare. i have to say that because i'm such a "ratard," i have to weazle in on sandra's friends and call them mine. there have been years that i believe sandra and ruth have been as close as two sisters. i love having dave and ruth as our friends/family too. i look forward to any time we get to spend with one another. and "thanks ruth" for taking care of my sis. i love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 101 miles in 7:05!!! you ARE crankin. i must call you the king, nay, the chief. hopefully non bike riders will appreciate that the chief is getting into some fine shape and showing it off with numbers. for me, it's knowing that you are on the very edge of life. that said and all the two way love for you and your (but what i claim as well to be my) family leaves me in an overwhelmed state -- the best one i might add.

    --dhd

    ReplyDelete