Sunday, June 14, 2009

6-13 One Month Out!

Seems as though this one month has wheeled by!!Ha,Ha. Some kind of joke, I hope. I was up and peddling @ 0630 and it must have been the extra thrill of the one month but I was zipping on down to Riverton. The whole way seemed to be slightly downhill and the breeze was gentle at my back. As I reached the city limit sign of Riverton, the rear tire went caput!! That means it went flat. Called Gail back from the other side of town and got it fixed and went on through town and finally located a bike shop. Out Sportin was right on the main St. and we met Clay, a real down-home biker. He had a new tire and after some chatting I was off and headed for Shoshoni, another 22mi. Man! It was fast. I hit the 36mph bell as I cruised down the long grades. I stayed just ahead of the rain and caught up with Gail in Shoshoni.

I loaded the bike and we side tripped to the town of Thermopolis. Largest hot springs in the U.S. But not all that impressive to me. We found Merlin’s Hideout but he was not around as it was sat. and there were many things going on in this town. Merlin made our buffalo vests and did an excellent job. Two strikes and so we decided to buy some ribs off of a mobile bar-b-que and head back towards Shoshoni. We went through a canyon along the Wind River that was amazing. The cliffs showed that they were formed some 250-600 million years ago. We found a nice pullout and dry camped for the nite. We had a great dinner and a wonderful btl. Of Downhill bibes. A toast to the one mo. And to the 83mi. ride. Longest for this trip to date. More thunder and lightning as per Gail but that did not bother me, Lo! Skywalker, Skywalker I sure do love you and miss you. Over and out.

I would give this day to The Creator! Thanks for giving me this opportunity to make this journey. For the rest of my life I will see things in a different way and I will always smile at every thought of this incredible sojourn. Lo!


View Old Chief Bicycles across America in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. Dad, I too thank the Creator for giving you this opportunity. And I am so thankful that you will and have begun to see life in a different way. I hope your travels continue to be awe-inspiring, soul-nourishing and heart healing. I love you. Jim sends his love, too.

    ReplyDelete