Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lord, I'm 1,000 mi. away from home.(sounds like a song)

I'll tell you something, that natural hot springs was a blessing. Twice we went to the pool and played around like some of the kids that were there. Sure did feel goooooood! and talk about sleep, Gail was stacking wood before her head touched the pillow and I barely remember what a sheep looked like. I did get on the road again(dang, these sayings keep popping up and sound like some song I know)at 0645. The going got much better and the weather was sooooo much more rider friendly. Good shoulder, traffic about 1 rig every 15min. steady ups and downs and kept the riding avg. @ 10mph. I got into the picture mode today and stopped several times just to snap a shot. I think the open rode, the clean(?)air, hot tubbing, great food, great "Downhill go-power" and just the fact that, hay, I'm still here, got the old mind going and I had to stop several times and put my thoughts onto my little hand recorder and that's for another part of this journey. The world sure does look different from the seat of a bicycle at @ 8mph. I spotted the remains of an old cow or maybe it was and old oxen from days gone by and I got to thinkin, man, them pioneers pushed their stock 'til they dropped in their tracks then ate all the meat and left the hide and the bones to rot. Across the land you can't see where the Indians went because they used every bit and left no waste. There is now enough junk and garbage along the roadways that I think if you lined it all up, it would rival the lines down the center of hyway. I can only think that it is a good thing that there are the 'adopt a hyway' programs, otherwise I don't think that you could see over the stuff piled up. At hyway mi. marker 94 on 78s. I reached the 1,000mi mark on my speedometer. Quite the thrill to watch that number roll over on the cyclo. Wow! 1,000 mi. from home and 3 plus more to go. I caught Gail near Mountain Home and we beat it to the KOA. Checked in and it is a great place. Sunny Whitehead is the manager and he is upgrading the place to be even better. He is a retired Sgt/Maj. from the Air Force and also put his time in as a law officer her in Mt. Home. We exchanged pictures and he will put us on the KOA page and we will run him on our blog. Gave info on a great place to eat. AJ's. Finally found a laundro mat. Boy! did some of my gear need that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X for one more cool one and nitey-nite. See Ya!

My nephew, Shane Cleveland and his wife Julie and their boys, Dakota, Jericho and Sequoyah, live in Albq. N.M. Shane is a world class bi-athlete, tri-athlete. Julie is a P.T. The boys are also into the competative arena of racing. After a few years of being out of touch with Shane, we were able to get connected again and since have had a great times togethere. He was able to spend time with Chad and Dana and got in some great hunting times on the Rez. I always look forward to spending time with all of them. Love Each of You. Hope to see you on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad Shane came back into our lives. I'm not sure I was born when he and his mom moved away and didn't realize he existed until I was in my mid-20s. He is amazing! And that Julie -- she's the perfect complement to him. I feel so blessed to have another cousin out there -- we'll get back to NM soon, Shane!! Promise. Love to the Shane Cleveland family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and Shane had no idea what he was getting himself into when he came a huntin' us down!!! The whole Cleveland clan...lol! What a great re-addition to our family though!

    ReplyDelete