Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Seventh Day? To my Neph. Dana.

Wow! I slept in!!! After finally getting up, Gail cooked up some pancakes. Juice, coffee, milk, butter, syrup, peanut butter, Urrph! Excuse me. Sure was good though. Golly felt a little weird to just do nothing but as the day went on it got a lot easier. Ha. The rain came down all day but in spurts. Spent the day on the lap top and it sure is one confusing thing to get it to do what I want it to do. Kind of like someone I know. Hee! Hee! Can’t say any names though. I tried loading pics, uumm, not too bad but when I tried the movies, uugghh! Hit the wall. Finally gave it up. Now the day is just about over and I am still in the dark on the blog pics but I will keep trying. Bear with us. Lady found a good size hole to dig in and came in looking like a mud ball. Gail stuck her in the tub and now she is restricted to the room, no roaming around. Bad dog! I read up on the blog and the comments and for being one big, bad tough Jarhead, I couldn’t help but have tears. Shame on you, Sandra, for making your Dad cry like that. Sure is one great way to keep this journey interesting though. I used my Specialized bike for the first 800mi.as the roads were good and smooth but after Burns I have used Downhill Dave’s Trek and it has been great for the road conditions. I have about 295mi. on this bike and it is much easier on my old bod. I feel the extra weight on the up hills and it is not as loose on the fast downhill and I seem to not tire as much by the 60+mi. but after this I start feeling the grind and that’s for each Bike.

My nephew, Dana, has had some very interesting paths in his life. In his early years in Lake Co. he used to run with Dick Canright and Roy Disney. He followed his brother Chad to WA. and finished high school in Okanogan. Worked for the Tribe and went to Central and got his degree in Archeology. Moved on to Albq. N.M. and graduated from Law School. He had some tuff rows to hoe but he got it done! Sure have been proud of him and his accomplishments. He works in the Tribal Attorney’s office for our Tribe now and is buying one cool home in great hunting country. It is always great to be with him and his children, Casey, Jenna and Jaelyn. Look forward to spending quality time with them in the future. He is our primary scout for that part of the rez. See you down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Dana - I'm so proud of you and what you've managed to do. It has been tough times, hasn't it? Way to go, Cuz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Dad, you're gonna have to give me a call next time you are online and I can walk you through the process of putting pix on blog. Or you can email them to me and tell me what day they go in and I can start a draft for you.

    ReplyDelete