Saturday, May 16, 2009

up, up, up and more up

This day is for my oldest daughter, Sandra Cleveland (DeCristofaro) I missed friday because I was not able to get service. We camped along the Eel River just outside of Benbow. I left a foggy Ft. Bragg with slite drizzle. After leaving the ocean near Rockport it started clearing about 2 mi. up. I went up and up and up and was beginning to think that I was entering the heavens and about 26 miles later I finally peaked out. Wow! Four mi. into Leggett and north on 101. Amazing how tight your buns can get as you hug the fog line and have traffic zooming by at 80 mph. A short brk. at confusion hill and on to Benbow. whew!! Gail made some good contacts at Pacific Star Winery in Ft. Bragg. Robert remembered us and we exchanged cards, flyers etc. When you want elegant wine, look them up. Gail brought our buffalo robe and it is great to sleep on or under but once you get under it you are stuck because it is heavy. I see why our ancesters liked this beast.

Sandra was born Dec. 15,1965. She has been a twinkle in my eyes ever since. She has a great husband and Akita pup, Kumo. She set me up with all of the cool modern electrical gadgets and this blog. She has been with the same company for several years and loves her work.


View Dad Bicycles Across America in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. Dad, are you sure you've met Kumo?!? Ha ha! We've had to put up more fencing around the yard as he managed to escape again yesterday. He goes bug-eyed crazy every evening and it takes a good while to settle him down. Sometimes we pretty much have to flatten him on the floor and lay on him. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete