Friday, May 22, 2009

End of the first leg, Newport, Oregon.

0630-on the road again(sounds like a song to me) the going was really nice for the first 20 mi. The ups and downs were quite even as I stayed mostly in 2+1-2-3-4. Very few 1+. The coast views are really awesome. Some places were a stop and absorb. A short break and on to Florance. Wow, more wind and some uppers and uppers. The traffic began to pick up with the wind as the Memorial Wk. enders were on the road. The rigs were something to see and all of the toys and haulers left me wondering how these folks got so much money and here I am on a bike? I made it across the brdg. into Florance and was I glad to see our rig waiting for me. I decided to lift on to Newport as it was @ 50mi. Boy, am I glad too because the wind was very strong, the road very narrow, the ups went into the heavens, the traffic was moving at Friday nite speed and bumper to bumper. We arrived at our friend" Little Bear Woman"s place and set up and got settled in. I naped for a short time and shower, dinner and a blog report and now am ready to hit the hay. See Ya.

Gail danced into my life the spring of '06. I picked her up later in Las Vegas, Nev. and we have been traveling together since. She is a blessing and a great companion. She does wonders with sticks, shells, feathers, rocks, leather, fur, hooves and recently found a new talent, leather burning and coloring. She has put together all of the info letters and been one great supporter of my crazy ways. Loves my music and after a few lessons on the road, she is driving and towing our 24' travel trlr. on this journey. She has all the things set up at the end of my days with a cool one and I could not do this trip without her. Dominus Vo Biscum.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, Dad, watch out for crazy holiday-celebrating people -- that is, stupid ass drunks!! Don't let no ants beat you up the hills!

    ReplyDelete