Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thur. Dan "Dan The Man" Shupe.

0630, left Humbug. Good goin til about 1000 hrs. Then the brz. came up and things got tougher and tougher. The ups and downs today were about even and not to huffy, puffy and not to steep and fast down. But, as the morning went along the brz. picked up and became a constant pressure. It felt as if Father Time put his big hand across my chest and said,"Slow Down, Son, You will get their in due time." So I slowed down and just enjoyed the ride, and the wind and the cold. As I told my grandson, the storm is not trying to knock you down, it is just trying to make you stronger. A hefty tug into Bandon made for a good stop over and a good lunch and a nap before moving on. Coos Bay, Ore. seemed not so far away on the map but I said a thank you as I caught up with Gail and Lady just outside of Coos Bay. I lifted on to the KOA Cmp. grd. and a great shower and dinner. We laughed as Gail asked me if I would like more of Downhill Dave's Libation and I responded, does the wind want to blow on the Ore. coast? Nite All.
Dan, The Man. What can I say. This guy came into our lives when Marilyn needed someone and he is my kind of guy. He works and works and works, well you get the drift. He can do many things and is there when you need him. A licensed plumber but a master of all the trades. Glad you are with us Dan.
nb: for my grandson, Beau. I think of you each time I look at the two Bakugons. Love You.

4 comments:

  1. wow pop, you are skootin right along. i log on each day to read your updates and usually close with a happy tear. i'm so proud and happy of you and for you. this amazing journey in which our creator is watching over you for us keeps all of us young at heart. i love bragging around town about my pops!!! i love you arnold joseph.

    love maremare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Uncle,
    We recieved the package you sent the frist part of the week. It was like you came for a visit. Thanks for all the good "stuff" Miranda had to smuge the whole house.
    Keep up the good work! We are following you on the net and in our hearts. We are very proud of our crazy Old Chief. :)
    Safe travels Always! Much love and support from your Washington cheering section.
    Chad,Marnee,Miranda & Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, I been a little sick so I'm just catching up on the blog after a few days away. I really love seeing your words here and the support you are getting from family and friends. When we talked last week, you really touched my heart talking about your thinking time and Mom. I hope the winds of the Creator, the clouds of the sky, the trees of the earth and the love you have for Mom help ease your grief. I love you Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also want to add that Dan the Man is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!! Love you, Danny, and am so glad you came into my sister's life and ours.

    ReplyDelete