Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the journey begins

I dedicate this first days ride to my grandson, Beau J. Marek. He could not quite understand why I had to be gone for so long but he was strong and did not cry openly when we parted but we were both ready to. I miss you Buddy and will see you soon.
The ride went well. I rode thru Scotts Valley and across hwy. 20 and caught Gail at Taylors Tavern parking lot. Took a lunch break and peeled off some clothing and headed for the Willits Grade. Wow! I started cramping about 2/3 of the way up. Finally had Gail haul me up the last half mile to the top. From there I rode on to the camp ground. We stayed the first nite at the KOA in Willits. Thanks to Downhill Dave for the refresments. Hot tub with too much chlorine and a good Chinese Dinner at Anna,s in Willits. Early to bed for us old guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment