Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cruzin thru the Avenue of the Giants!!!!

This day is for my daughter Marilyn M. Shupe. My 2nd. daughter.
I left Benbow at 8:15. Great ride today. Most of the ride was along side roads that follow the Eel River. A short jaunt along the freeway and off on the Ave. of the Giants. And they are Giants. Some places I just stopped and let the beauty soak in. We call them 'WOW' places. There were many. Met a couple, Lisa and Ron, from the Sacramento area. We rode along for about 3 miles. They are cyclers and will be riding this summer in Europe from Barcelona to Vienna. Enjoy. The freeway from that junction is grt. about 6ft. of good riding room. Gail went on to Riverwalk R.V. Park and Campground 2189 Riverwalk Rd, Fortuna, Ca. Great place to stay. Checked in @ 1347, a short nap, shower and dinner the Brewery.
Marilyn Marie Cleveland came to us January 25, 1967. She is the mother of my two grandaughters, Ashley and Yvonne. Her life has had its ups and downs. She is as strong as her mother and has been a great support for me whenever I needed it. She always persevers.
The blog is something that us old guys sure have a tough time with but I will my best so bear with me. Thank Ellen for the great posting of my intro letter and to Little Bear Woman for sending the intro letter to Ellen. For now, SEE YA!

1 comment:

  1. Dad, I am thoroughly enjoying your blogs!!!!! We'll have to chat on phone one night so I can walk your through picture-adding process. Love you. Pedal straight and true.

    ReplyDelete