Thursday, May 14, 2009

close out of day two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I hit the wrong key, I finally got to Fort Bragg. Nite at Green Acres. Had to go to McKerricer State Park to dump the holding tanks, the modern comforts. Met some really cool people already. They only get excited after we tell them that I am an old f---. I made it all the way from Willits but it was a tough one. I did some leg cramping again but only on the uphills. As the day goes on the ups get upper and the downs get shorter, can't figure that out. Caught Gail at The Harvest Market in Fort Bragg. Went to Grn. Acres and set up and back into town to try for some parts for the bike and of course no such parts in this area but I can do ok. We shopped some and stopped at our fav wine store, Pacific Star and the gentleman there did remember us and we had a great visit. He will spread our travel thru his web and we will pass along their name. Dinner at D'Aurelio's. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. When you get to Bragg in your travels, stop their for dinner. Ask for Rose and tell we sent you. She was very excited about our trip and she is also going to Portugal soon so we both had travel stories to tell.
This day is for you Bob Hammon. I first met Bob in 1956 while working at the old Ca. Blue Anchor packing house in Finley, Ca. He and Deake Lyndall and Jim Kelley were fork lift drivers and I was dumping the bins. The fastest fork lift crew ever. Bob and I have been good buddies ever since. We have done so many things together to name a few, raced dirt bikes in Redding, Ca, spent the winter working at Lake Shasta in the construction arena, shared a few brews and a lot of good times. Bob is going thru a tuff time now with the cancer and so I prey for you each day and will see you when I get back. Bless You Buddy.
For today, see ya, The Old Chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment