Monday, May 18, 2009

70 mile day. whew!!!!!

Burned up the roads today. Wow. I left Fortuna at 0700 and skirted around Eureka on the Samoa rd. and into Arcata. The traffic into Eureka was the morning usual but the draft that all the rigs created pulled me along at a good pace. Gail caught me at a rest stop above Trinidad. That was about 51 miles by my clock. Checked in at Orick at 1500. On to Klamath River RV Park. 70 miles today. Cool.
Grandaughter, Ashley Welker graduated from Kelseyville High last spring. She is now living with my daughter Sandra and Uncle Jim and will start Heald College in the Bay Area later this month. She is a cool gal and I love her and wish her the best and I know that she will do well on her journey through this life. Gotta get ready for two malo. See Ya.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by beautiful downtown Fortuna for a walk in the labyrinth and thanks for the beautiful Obsidian that will always make me think of how blessed I am to know such caring people.

    After listening to the CD I really thing Arnold should be singing his way across America! If see Gail and Arnold racing by be sure to stop them and buy a copy to support the cause!

    Have a great ride! Send me your ETA and list of destinations. Maybe I can alert more of the media.

    And oh thanks too for the other sneaky gift left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antoher idea regarding support...You might want to contact the American Cancer Society in each town, or at least go shopping at one of their Discovery (thrift) Stores to support their cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you two, and worry when theres no news. Sounds like you are having a great time and meeting some nice people. Keep up the good work. Miss you at the Boat House.
    Smooth sailing friends. Love you, Ray and Betts

    ReplyDelete