Saturday, July 18, 2009

7-18 Where Am I Now????

Please, Please forgive me (sounds like a song to me) we had so much fun in Saco,Ma. And Old Orchard and I did absolutely nothing. I called my kids and that was about it and I never called the folks I should have but the mystery of the trip still hangs about me and I could not face up to the fact that I did it. We did meet some really great folks there and I will tell more about each of them at another time. We did manage to eat several lbs. of Lobster and did a number on some excellent bibes. Gail made a very cool chef’s cap for Allan, the super chef at the breakfast bar at the KOA where we stayed. He and his wife, Jan, are super folks and I do believe that we have made more life long friends. Jan is into weaving and she let me ‘try’ to so some spinning on the wheel but I’ll tell you now before you start to laugh, I made a terrific mess of things and she did let me keep a bundle of my masterpiece just so I could show the world that them rug makers know something I don’t know, Ha! Ha!. Soooo Muuuch fun we have! But like good wine, things came to an end on Thursday morning and after hugs and tears etc. we got underway at 1100 hrs. After so much rest I was feeling gooooood so I put in 13 hrs of road time and we beat feet to somewhere in Illinois and pulled into a truck stop a zzzddd out. We picked our way across Maine, N.H., Vermont, N.Y., Penn. And almost to Cleveland before my eyeballs cried out, I give!!! 600+mi. At some town in N.Y. we experienced something I had not been in before. It poured down and hail stones the size of golf balls and horrific wind, wind that went east to west. We were on intstate 90 and it was the 5 o’clock hr and the traffic was citified. The storm was so bad that as many cars that could fit under the overpasses just pulled over and parked along the road. We got on thru though after creeping along as fast as some of them ants I saw along the road during the trip and the rest of the day was in cloudy and rainy weather. We beat feet to westeren Iowa,wa,wa and last nite we finally stopped at a rest stop. 800+ miles for day 2 and my butt is feeling it. Bed felt sooo gooood though. Picked up some time too as we started crossing the date lines. Yahoooo! Let her go!!!!!!!!!!!! Skywalker, Skywalker good buddy, sure miss you and love you, should be home in a few days. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment