Friday, September 10, 2010

!st Day I'm Back

Lo, the Old Chief is on the move once more. This time I am traveling via the big Iron Horse and a meatl encased teepee. Hee, Hee. If you wonder why it took so long for me to get back up to speed on this laptop I just have to blame it on old age. Ho. Today is Sepember 10th. And we left the metro of Monse, Wa. at 09:30 this very a.m. and it isn now 1930 hrs. and we set up our first camp out in Old Town, Idaho. Ho, ho, ho, at the albani Campgrounds. Of course, being we are all of the Elder Age, we got the great discounts and we are stlyin. Yea? We had a horrific time after we left the junction at Tonasket and Hwy. 20. My half+old, Iron Horse came up with a lame rt. ft. wheel bearing and we were dang lucky to make it to, of all places Colville, Wa. We limped in though and after contacting the Chevy dealer in town, they sent us on to the Toyota Dealer where Erin got my pony checked out and after a couple of hrs and several chunks of wampum later, we headed east, north, south and finally clocked a couple hundred miles for the day. Dave Andrew is the camp host and a mighty friendly guy and got us spotted for the night. My companion Gail, has everything under control and my Sis Janice is enjoying the start of this great journey. Til I get rested up again, Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 comments:

  1. Glad all is o.k. & you're on the move...looking forward to more blogs..be safe & take care Sharon Vaars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're on the road again, I bet it's a lot easier this time...with having an iron horse. It's nice you get to take your sister with you, how wonderful is that. Keep us posted on where you are, it's always interesting to hear it all. Dot

    ReplyDelete